[Tango-L] What to do with a carpeted floor?

Ruben Malan rubenmalan at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 09:04:13 EDT 2011

Re: [Tango-L] What to do with a carpeted floor?

Chapter Two, for those who already "bite"  :-)

How to keep the plywood panels together?

Solutions:

1)     2 inches wide industrial strength Velcro,  26 f at Wall-mart for
$19.99. Staple and glue small or medium size pieces under the planks in one
or more critical places.

2)     Metal joiners. There are two or more types and sizes in HD. Hard to
nail from underneath the panels though.

3)     Small pieces (squares) of solid cardboard (or thin plywood) under
each 4 corners (and or any place logical place). Hot glue them using glue
sticks with an electric pistol.

4)     On top, strong clear duck tape (or similar) on the joins.

5)     Gorilla duct tape underneath (hard to do it)

6)     The hot glue can also be applied to cover the small gaps between the
panels.

7)     As suggested previously, eventually, large pieces of wood-like vinyl
can be installed and partially glued on top (do not use polyurethane then),
but, in my case, I did not consider it necessary.

8)     From all the options, the number 3 and 4 were the more practical,
cheaper, and easier to do.

I hope that this will work for those who will try a DIY dance floor over the
carpet. I'm sure that may be other creative ways to do it. If you find them,
please, share them with us.

My one devaluated dollar contribution (=5 cents?)  J

Ruben