[Tango-L] Advice from a 3 1/2 yr old.

Sharon Pedersen sharon.pedersen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 08:59:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Alexis Cousein <al at sgi.com> wrote:

> And if you mistakenly dance something they can't handle, then it's
> actually still your responsibility to be graceful about it and to
> resolve it without them ever noticing that you meant to dance
> something else. And if you want to become better, it's also better
> to then think not that "they can't handle it" but to ask yourself
> if there's a better way to lead it that would be harder to
> misinterpret (yet still gentle: leading is still inviting,
> not throwing around).

Early on in my tango dancing life, I usually felt out of balance when
dancing.  I had one fantastic dance with someone, in which I felt fabulously
balanced and did all sorts of fast stuff.  I'm not sure exactly how he did
it, but I have always thought that it's because he could sense when I was
about to be out of balance, and then subtly moved to a place so that by the
time I put my foot down, I was in balance instead.  Extraordinarily
wonderful.

__Sharon