[Tango-L] Tango without music?

jan bares jb34528 at att.net
Tue Apr 26 02:43:09 EDT 2011

Tom,
Let me explain before the subject can be declared beaten to death.
What I started with was mildly exaggerated my own beginner learning experience from the last century. In my text further on you saw "...a short non-music time is needeed...". As an example let me describe this exchange: Instructor: "OK, show me...no, no forget the music now...you go in with your left to get a calf-to-calf contact, wait, again, keep your heel low to limit the risk of hurting your partner. Continue by weight transfer on your left and close the right to the left, it's your space now. That's OK, now try again and make sure that you do not push the follower from her axis... And so on... OK, now, hear the music..."  Clearly a teaching interval where the music was unnecessary. Needless to say that you know what is being taught.
Jan