[Tango-L] Colgadas milongueras & other non-entities

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 22 10:54:07 EDT 2011

Ron said:
Tango instructors will sell  whatever tango students will buy. So True.

Authentic Argentine Tango  Price List
colgadas milongueras….$80
volcadas milongueras….$100
ganchos milongueros….$50
soltadas milongueras….$75
saltas  milongueras…….$75

david

In a message dated 4/22/2011 2:28:47  A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rontango at rocketmail.com writes:
It is possible to  learn 'colgadas milongueras' and 'volcadas milongueras'
in
tango workshops.  This would appear to be the kiss of legitimacy - after
all, if
it is taught  at a tango festival, it must be real. The problem is this.
The term
'milonguera' implies that it is used by milongueros. Milongueros don't use
colgadas and volcadas. Of course, someone will protest that they once heard

someone say that some milonguero from the 1940s reportedly used volcadas
and
colgadas (sorry, no film available) when the reality is that he either had
bout of vertigo or had imbibed too much wine one evening. Or someone else
will
report that these movements are occurring all of the time at milongas  in
Buenos
Aires but they are just so small they cannot be seen by the naked  eye (in
which
case their existence, of course, cannot be disproven). Tango  instructors
will
sell whatever tango students will buy. Next we will have  (if we haven't
already
had) ganchos milongueros, soltadas milongueras,  saltas milongueras ....
whatever.

Buyer  beware.

Ron

Tango-L  mailing  list