[Tango-L] Better? Worse? Just different

Gordon Erlebacher gerlebacher at fsu.edu
Thu Apr 21 09:57:32 EDT 2011

I have found that  to really gain an appreciation for the nuances of the
tango music, it is important to listen to the music "almost" non-stop.
This helps incorporate the various nuances into the body and the
subconscious. Even today, I find it difficult to dance to a piece of
music I have never heard before when the beat is not strong and
predictable. When dancing to tango, one can dance to the beat or melodic
structure, and one can also concentrate on one or the other musical
voices (i.e., instruments or voice).

     My two cents,

        Gordon