[Tango-L] Better? Worse? Just different.

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Apr 20 13:53:26 EDT 2011

> From: Jack Dylan <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Better? Worse? Just different.

> Traditional Tango is what is danced predominantly by the Argentines
> in the traditional milongas of Buenos Aires.
> It really is that simple.?After all, what else can it be?

There are 150 milongas a week in BsAs. I probably danced in 20 during
the months I was there, and saw a huge variety in the tango danced by
the Argentines. Which of these milongas in your expert opinion set the
standard?

> And what you were told is correct; there are no 'wraps' in Traditional Tango.

So anyone who dances  wraps in their tango, no matter the shape of the
embrace, is not dancing traditional tango. Thank you for making that
clear.

BTW, are there any videos of you dancing online? Since you are the
expert, I would like to watch you dance.