[Tango-L] Better? Worse? Just different.

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 11:46:20 EDT 2011

I'm still not seeing the extinction or obliteration of tango.

Alberto says there were only 40 people dancing classic tango.  I'm pretty sure there are way more than 40 today.

Arabian horses are still around, correct?

Tango music has been changing since the 1940's.  I've heard new music created by newer orchestras.  Some in the traditional vein.  Some with influences from a different genre, some heavily.

And still people dance close-embrace and dance to classic tango music.  My community prefers classic tango music.  They like to dance to alternative maybe twice a night, but not much more.

Still not seeing an extinction.

Trini de Pittsburgh