[Tango-L] Better? Worse? Just different

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 13:47:33 EDT 2011

,,My take on this is that when the Traditional tango orchestras are no longer played in a milonga or when their participation is only a small fraction... there will not be Argentine Tango anymore.... Modern Tango or Tango Ballet or Alternative Tango yes.... go for it.
  ..but traditional Arg. Tango is first and foremost the music.... we can have bands today who approximate some of that feeling in some of the songs... but wow, everytime I hear a traditional song, I can't help but note some things that may never be duplicated... the same thing goes for a Delta blues record... there are limits...   one thing for sure is that I don't want to reward bands who practise at the milonga...they should be more professional and get their act together before they ever play for dancers....be demanding please...I heard one trio get up on stage and brag that this was only the second time that they had played together.....ufffffff    They should have been hooked off of the stage right then and there.... we are not hear to listen to a practice session nor even listen to music so much as dance to music...    if thin alternative electro stuff is all that our present day musicians can come up with, I'm outta there looking for a
 milonga who plays oldies but goodies.

www.youtube.com/user/nacotete
www.theopendoorway.org/audiovisual.html
"Life expands or contracts in direct proportion to one's courage." -Anais Nin
"The ultimate aim for every human being is to be immensely creative"-Norman Mailer