[Tango-L] tango to rap

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:55:07 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM, David <dchester at charter.net> wrote:
> Trini wrote:
> > Firstly, it's extremely rude to publish a post that is intended as a
> > personal reply.? Such an act says just as much about the poster
> > than the replier.
>
> Sometimes people reap what they sow.  If someone is rude, then they
> should expect something rude back at them.  If the internet tough guy
> hadn't sent out the rude, profane, grade school email, then it wouldn't
> have been exposed for everyone else to see.

       Sorry, David, but by long established internet protocol, you
are wrong on this, and Trini is right.  As a matter of fact, I would
hold the publisher of private email in even lower regard than the
person who wrote the ostensibly objectionable email.  A gentleman or
lady simply does not stoop to publishing private email without
permission.

       The only exception to this is if someone makes physical threats
in email, in which case safety becomes a legitimate concern.

       If someone sends me nasty email that I don't feel like
bothering to respond to, I just ignore it, and 9 times out of 10, that
is the end of it.  The other one time out of 10, the nasty emailer
takes one more stab at trying to get a response, and then gives up.

       I certainly would never dream of trying to impersonate someone
in junior high school and publish the email in an attempt to show the
world how petty and vindicative I aspired to be.  I also would not
presume that my annoyance with correspondence that turned up in my
inbox was a matter of rapt interest to the entire rest of the tango
world.

Huck