[Tango-L] tango to rap

Charles Roques c.roques at mchsi.com
Sun Apr 3 12:58:50 EDT 2011

Trini wrote:

<<Secondly, I thought the ad was pretty cool for the
audience I presume they were trying to reach, which are not old farts.>>

Dancing traditional or nuevo (or well) has little to do with age.

  <<I liked that they were telling a story and an emotional connection was
there.  That emotional connection is what defines tango.>>

That is a very subjective evaluation of the video.  Besides, connection is only one of many things that define tango. Proper form and technique also define it along with the music.  Why bother to call something tango if it doesn't make any difference what you listen to or how you dance it?