[Tango-L] The Basics

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 07:45:05 EDT 2010

---- Original Message ----
> From: Ming Mar <ming_mar at yahoo.com>
>
> What specifically about navigation would you teach?
>
> Outside of the Rio Plata the milonga rules don't work.  You
> could, of course host your own authentic genuine downtown
> Buenos Aires tango party and enforce the rules, but
> otherwise, the rules don't apply.

 Are you serious or is that written toungue-in-cheek?

Without understanding [and following] the rules of navigation,
a man will never be a competent tango dancer, regardless of
how skilled he might be in other aspects of tango  - unless
he's a stage dancer where, I would agree - the rules of social
tango don't apply

Jack