[Tango-L] Basics.

Ming Mar ming_mar at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 06:29:11 EDT 2010

Michael writes:
>Her foot moves first to establish support for her weight
>after she steps.

Yes.  First the foot, then the body.

>women have to bend their knees so the free foot will move
>backward as far as possible.

Not quite.  Move the hip back to extend the reach of the
foot.

>I need the woman's sternum (indentation in the chest) to
>line up with my sternum.

I've never seen anyone dance close embrace like this.

>For AT, the hips are back so that weight is shifted to the
>balls of the feet. With weight on the balls of the feet,
>the chest is brought forward to make contact with the
>partner.

This sounds like Sherrie's stick-out-the-butt dancers.
Does your back hurt?

>The feet are turned out .... Normal walking is on the
>outside edge of the foot.

Most people don't walk this way.  They land on their heels,
not the side of their foot.  And unless you have to repair
the side of your shoe before the heel, you don't walk this
way either.