[Tango-L] The Basics

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 13:15:19 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Sergio Vandekier <
sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ming asks : "What are these solid, clean basics? What are the
> consequences of not being able to do these basics?"
>
> The basics are (in my opinion):   Proper posture.Elegance. Tango walk as an
> individual.

                                [etc.]
> mentioned skills and nothing else.
>
>         Nothing else?  Sergio, I believe you forgot perhaps the most
important basic of all:  Knowing and loving the classic Argentine musical
repertoire to the point that it is ingrained in your heart and every breath,
and the music drives what you do in the dance without your having to
"logically" think about it, or worse, ignore it all together as though it
were mere background window dressing.

Huck