[Tango-L] Socio-ethical behavior and protocol - Summary

Laura V laura at lavatop.com
Wed Sep 1 08:26:53 EDT 2010

Sergio Vandekier wrote:

> 3- Some men may ask foreign ladies for a dance going to her table because they have been told that is the custom in their countries.
>    They would not impose themselves on any Argentine lady in that fashion unless they are very good friends.

Oh rats! I have to put up with this rude behaviour in Europe, and now I
discover that I will have to put up with it when I visit B.A. since I'll
be a foreigner. Of all the codes, the cabaceo is the one that makes the
most sense to me across cultures. I use it as much as possible, and it's
so nice when it works.

Regards,
Laura