[Tango-L] cabaceo/rejection

dierdre black dblioness2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 20:42:08 EDT 2010

First of all, I'm not sure you should generalize, there, TT.  (Apparently, you have some issues, with women and honesty.Too bad you think "the female mind" is a bad thing, instead of appreciating it's yin to your yang.)  Perhaps, you are applying your culture's codes on a deeply dishonest(or should I say, rather: "seductive", "fantasy", "playful") Argentinian dance/system, also.

My suggestions, were simply:
1. typical, Argentinian follower's codes, used forever, to avoid uncomfortable social tango situations.  2.  to allow possible partners to save face, now and find another, with no hard feelings, avoiding later conflicts, in other milongas...so, that, perhaps, someday, in the future, when he improves, or my mood changes, etc., we have no "baggage" and
3. most importantly, protect myself, from injury, since I am 60, arthritic, dance alot, here, in BA and don't need to be limping about, if at all possible, obviously. Before accepting any advances, I always scope the leaders out(as they do the followers, for the same and different reasons), to "choose" with whom I want to spend some tango time. If that is "not having cojones", so be it.  Since I'm a woman, I have no strong desire there, contrary to Freudian theory, haha! Not sure it's such a desirable quality, anyway, in this situation. Personally, am more interested in being refined, compassionate, elusive and flexible.

db

db