[Tango-L] BA rental scams

dierdre black dblioness2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 22:05:41 EDT 2010

Before buying my Palermo flat(which I rent, to BA tourists, now, btw), four years ago, I rented other BA apts. six times, over three years.  Two times, out of the six, I was cheated out of my deposit, etc., until I got smart, in various ways.  30% of the times!  Have never rented in any other big cities(always staying with friends), so, no way to compare stats with BA experiences.  Also, had two, 50AR counterfeit bills passed to me, from taxistas, recently(many more, in the past....mostly 20's and 50's.....thought I had grown out of that phase but forgot my usual checking routine, before getting out of the cab, as I was too tired; learning my lesson, again.)...again, no way to compare to NYC, Paris, etc.

Even so, I love BA so much and find so many positive things to counterbalance the scams thing, that I live here, now and am learning(after 30 years, in a little, Colo. mtn. town, with no locks on our doors)all those important "big city" lessons.....buyer beware and as stated, before.......don't be afraid...just be sharp....always..........and all should be fine.

One dear tango friend said, last night, "hey, if they don't rip me off for too much, I have no prob, with it, since obviously, they need it worse than me!"...............hahaha!  I like his attitude!

Besos,  dolo black/Alma Mia