[Tango-L] floor craft -2

Tom Stermitz stermitz at tango.org
Thu Oct 7 09:14:20 EDT 2010

There is the problem that so many leaders do not dance up near the
edge of the dance floor. Not to mention the problem that so many
milongas don't have a well-marked edge, or else have people walking on
the dance floor next to the tables.

If there is room on between them and the edge of the dance floor, then
it makes some sense to go past on the right. That may have the effect
of pushing this, lesser-experienced guy into the second lane.

A more serious navigational hazard are the leaders zig-zagging between
the first and second lane. Imagine if on a highway you have a semi-
trailer truck straddling two lanes in the highway, or worse some drunk
weaving back and forth.

Yes, my right is my blind side, but usually I'm rotating around enough
to keep track of incoming missiles, like a sonar screen in an old war
movie... piu-piu-piu.