[Tango-L] Line of dance and respect

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 18:31:57 EDT 2010

Hola listeros,

It strikes me that there is too much b**ching about what others do on the ronda, as if someone actually has some control over what someone else does. All one can do is try to control oneself.  You can't control someone else.  You can hope that teachers can guide their students.  You can hope that the organizer guides the milonga in an appropriate manner.  But that's about it.

It calls to mind stories I've heard of the milongueros and their testing of people at the milongas.  Did they sit and b**ch about other dancers?  Well, they probably did, but they did something more.  They made the space they needed.  They cornered dancers or forced them out of the ronda.  They danced circles around the offender and went back to their tables.  Their partners didn't know any differently.  Talk about machismo!  They didn't just sit there typing away writing, "darn those dancers!"

The issue of navigation has gone 'round and 'round on this list.  But what's the point?  Just someone's venting?  At least offer something new to the discussion.

Trini de Pittsburgh