[Tango-L] Moe Tango

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 13:17:15 EST 2010

I think that there is a BIG difference between a de construction of a dance into
such facets as; 'core work', pilates, other 'exercises' and the use of another
dance to transfer 'feel' from one to the other.   I'm using my experience in
second language acquisition to make this judgement. Using the blues for example,
we are using one cultural experience in order to access another =Argentine
Tango..think about it ..it is a 'whole experience' type of practice and much
more efficient in transferring all those 'whole experience' remembrances of the
mind/body.
  ..strenthen your core all you want and lift your pilates to the moon but it
'aint gonna make you feel nothin...haha .... get my drift?   It's always been
the feeling of the music that has been the most difficult for the outsider to
access..afterall, we've often heard the dancers of 60 yrs experience say that
'Tango is... an embrace.. a feeling"....   this is not to be discounted..they
are telling it like it is.

www.youtube.com/user/nacotete
www.tangoandchaos.org
www.theopendoorway.org/audiovisual.html