[Tango-L] Some thoughts on connection

Gordon Erlebacher gerlebacher at fsu.edu
Mon Nov 8 11:05:14 EST 2010

Mimi Santapa (Buenos Aires) states that both partners should be able to
execute any step and figure on their own (we are not talking about
colgadas and volcadas obviously) and not depend on their partner. That
is how would define dancing independently. I have heard that from a few
other teachers as well. Of course, during the dance, each partner takes
the other into account when moving, executing figures, feeling the
music, etc., thus the connection.

    Gordon