[Tango-L] Why are you dancing tango if you don't like tango?

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Wed May 5 22:32:25 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 4:43 PM, AJ Azure <azure.music at verizon.net> wrote:

> As I said, there are good an bad bands.

     I have yet to hear an American tango band attempting to play the
tango classics that can come anywhere even close to the Golden Age
bands.  Not even remotely.

> There's that elitist attitude rearing its' ugly head.

     Having taste and a musical ear is elitist?  Then I guess some of
us are guilty.

> Some musicians certainly play for themselves but,

     Such as Piazzola, who was once quoted as saying, "F*** the
dancers."  Exquisite musician, however.

> You'll never really find a group you like if you first assume you won't like
> them.

      Now that makes no logical sense at all.  There is always room
for the element of pleasant surprise.

Huck