[Tango-L] Recognizing Tango Music

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Thu Jun 10 20:34:38 EDT 2010

This is exactly my complaint with the "Argentine Tango" danced on "Dancing
with the Stars." It's been orchestrated to match the
slow-slow-quick-quick-slow of ballroom (international) style. I remember two
seasons ago Derek and Kim danced Taquito Militar but it's not the version
you would hear at milongas. It was difficult to recognize. AT doesn't follow
a specific cadence which is why DiSarli, Pugliese, Tanturi, Fresedo
orchestras all sound differently, but they are play tangos.

Michael
I danced Argentine Tango --with the Argentines