[Tango-L] Following

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 02:14:06 EDT 2010

> From: WILL MORROW <willm_7 at msn.com>
>
> Do followers who buy into this stereotypical concept not recognize it as an
>artificial performance standard >based on (most of the time, their own)
>sub-standard expectation? Just as importantly, do instructors who buy >into and
>teach it not recognize this idea of a subservient, inferior perspective for what
>it is?
>

> Just a thought. I'd be interested to read how the subscribers here see the role
>of the follower.

Will,

I'd be interested to hear how you see the role of the follower. We hear a lot
about what the followers' role is not, i.e. "... not to be pushed and pulled
around the floor ...".  As a beginner, with obviously strong views, how do you
see her role? Do you think she should be more pro-active and, if so, how?

Jack