[Tango-L] The Basic Elements of Tango

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 00:46:06 EDT 2010

I agree with you on this.  Just because volcadas and colgadas are more common doesn't mean that they are basic.  There are more important things to learn that are much more versatile, such as syncopas, enrosques, barridas (which are not listed) or certain combinations.

Since the week includes several teachers, however, the organizer is probably trying to cast a wide net  to ensure the proper level of dancer is allowed.  I am not sure if his description would work, though.  It's always an issue at festivals.  Breaking "intermediate" down to 3 levels (low, solid, high) might be better.

Trini de Pittsburgh