[Tango-L] origin of term "confiteria style"

Sandhill Crane grus.canadensis at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 00:49:25 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm intrigued by this term "confiteria style" which,
I guess, is another name for the same thing as
milonguero style or downtown style or apilado style.

How old is the term "confiteria style" ?
Is it a reference specifically to Confiteria Ideal
or some other well-known locale?

I find the term "confiteria style" irresistibly charming;
I love coffee, snacks, tile floors, marble counters ...
to dance a tanda or two would be the icing on the
cake, so to speak.

While we're on the subject, how about "downtown style" ?
(i.e. estilo del centro) When did people notice that
the dance was different in the center versus the outer
districts?

I'm aware that "milonguero style" is a relatively recent
term and in fact we know who invented it; so let's just
leave it to one side for now.