[Tango-L] Srgio cannot step off beat.

Don Klein don at aymta.org
Sat Jan 16 17:51:40 EST 2010

In "How Music Works" <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiARs8vHGsQ>,  Howard Goodall demonstrates that in Latin music derived from the Cuban /son /the melody and bass-line anticipate the beat (my pareja judges a 1/8-1/16).  So, assuming Argentine tango music shares this characteristic, dancing to the melody would clearly be off-beat.