[Tango-L] Forward Step By Lady

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 9 23:14:19 EST 2010

The concept of the man leading with his torso and following with his foot
has been taught by every teacher I've had and has been repeated numerous
times on Tango-L and elsewhere. Often the comment is attributed to Gavito
and the idea than 'man leads and man follows' has become a bedrock of
Tango instruction.

Now, Dianne, are you telling us that it's all due to a mis-interpretation of
what Gavito was actually saying? That's interesting and could shatter one
of the greatest quotes in Tango ;-)

Btw, to avoid possible confusion, when I say "following with his foot" - that
could equally be 'stepping with the lady', But, for that to happen, the man
must still lead first, before the step is taken.

Jack