[Tango-L] For Tango-L: entering the floor

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 22 08:45:51 EST 2010

Jeffrey

I have no entry for  "entering the floor" into the non existing book " Tango codes and rules of behaviour " :)

However, within the common sense and polite manners of a plain man , I feel encouraged to say that your procedure is good.

To place yourself and your dancing couple in a corner , is to make a bit more evident your joint wish to enter into the dancing floor.

And to have eye contact with a couple already in motion to your entry point, and have a nod of acnowledgement, is a gentle way to join a dancing floor.

Here in Buenos Aires, alas, is not the rule . usually couples sitting to a table near the dancing floor ... just feel the urge to dance and stomp into the dancing floor without previous notice, from their table.

On the couples that are arranged by eyesight /cabeceo , there is more politeness, since the man has to wait for the woman to approach him, and a corner is a good place for waiting, and to enter into the dancing floor.

When the dancing floor is crowded ... I have a friend that has  a saying " the first three, the last six " , he prefers to dance when the milonga starts, and then wait the floor to be not so crowded, which happens usually for the last part of the night . Is a particular behaviour, not offensive :)

un abrazo milonguero
alberto