[Tango-L] Naming figures and decorations

David Burnett daviburn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:54:55 EST 2010

My teacher did not use such names when he taught in the sixties, but that
may just have been his style of teaching. He taught no figures, but focussed
instead on musicality, connection and balance, encouraging us to improvise
within the rhythmic patterns the music provided. This approach seems to have
been lost for the most part and replaced by a sort of paint-by-numbers
version of Tango.
db