[Tango-L] Rate of movement on crowded floors

Steve Littler sl at stevelittler.com
Wed Feb 10 02:15:05 EST 2010

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) wrote:
> This brings up a question of how do we change things in the U.S. to encourage a moving floor, even if it's crowded?  Obviously, this would need to start a local level.  Your thoughts
It's part of the Floorcraft/Navigation problem. Leaders must be trained
properly. But many leaders don't train themselves much after they learn
the basics. And some just don't care. In which case they must be
policed. I myself have just begun speaking personally to the ones at my
local milongas who misbehave. So far one just brushed me off. Another
laughed embarrassedly and said "yes, I know, but I just got carried away
with the music."

I am on a one-man mission to personally reform floorcraft in America.
One man at a time.

If the men in America will be MEN and and not tolerate poor floorcraft
amongst our fellow men, soon there won't be a problem. If the men won't
be MEN, then the women can fix the problem by refusing to dance with
poor dancers. If the  women won't be WOMEN and refuse to dance with bad
dancers, then the Organizers can fix the problem by speaking to
offenders personally. If that doesn't work, the Organizers can ask the
offenders to leave their milongas until they can dance better.

One female organizer I know, Marsha Kramer in Sarasota, Florida is the
only one I have seen who prints a code with etiquette of milongas and
navigation which she hands out at her milonga, and she also makes
announcements in the middle of her milonga and reminds the leaders of
the codes. Bless her.

I invite any men who are willing to be men, and any women who are
willing to be women, and any organizes who are willing to be organizers,
to join me in my crusade to bring civilized floorcraft to America,one
man at a time.

Abrazos!

El Stevito de Gainesville