[Tango-L] Social Stage or Stupid

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Tue Dec 28 02:49:48 EST 2010

Gus said
“One social context is the stage  performance: a group sits
and watches somebody else. Another context is the  milonga:
a group dance at the same time. Everybody recognizes these
two  contexts, so I won't say more about them”

No Gus everyone doesn't  recognize these two contexts.
The problem today is the clueless social dancer  that thinks he’s on a
stage and dances for the group sitting at the milonga.  This is the person who
thinks he’s impressing but in reality is only making a  fool of himself and
his partner. It’s hard to find a milonga where this doesn't  happen and the
sad thing is I see all level of fools from beginners that don't  know better
to advance dancers. It all goes back to the codes. Respect the floor  three
little words that have so much meaning. Follow the line of dance, keep up
with the couple in front of you, keep your feet on the floor no kicking
jumping  dripping dropping posing etc. Just remember this one simple rule…If your
not up  on a stage with a spotlight on you with an audience seated in a
theatre in front  of you….it’s a social dance, try not to make a fool of
yourself.
Happy New  Year
David