[Tango-L] Type-A Tango Salon or Show ?

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 12:19:38 EST 2010

I agree with all that you say. But the point is that almost no one dances or
teaches
the style of Orlando Paiva anymore.

The dance of Murat and Michelle, on the other hand, is the style that is danced
by many of today's teachers who describe their style as 'Salon'.

You're correct ... "It’s Show  or Performance tango and it’s not intended to be
danced at a social  milonga." But it's being taught as "Social Tango" -
especially

outside of Argentina and that's the problem.

Jack