[Tango-L] Type-A Tango

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 09:50:41 EST 2010

  Hi David,   yes i have lots of opinions....and probably don't 'know' much
about classes...but im trying to distiguish between what goes on in a social
dance and what goes on in a class..they seem to be different.. like the 'class'
is about a different dance.
I agree that the leader here pretty much dictates the follow but there is a
deadliness to their

dance that is very disappointing to me...if i were hoping for such mastery ,
I'd

quit because I'm simply not interested in this dance.
whereas watching videos from tango and chaos  simply AMAZES me! .. sure, theyve
been dancing umpteen million years..but can't WE go for expression and
individuality too?   or just cookie cutter dullness...  one has to start
somewhere... maybe im being too harsh but if you read Bora's blog..it seems to
me that, she is going

down the performance path without even knowing it... i say that 'salon' is
performance..it is only danced in  performance dances that i have ever seen...
where else is 'salon' danced?  ok its a word for the general dance floor dance
but i say it is already co opted ...that the non-Nuevo performers have already
slipped in their palative
covert- performance dance as THE authentic one..calling it SALON...it is NOT the
Social dance...
I want to champion the SOCIAL DANCE as it is danced socially...no one seems to
be interested in this.
 I was just talking the other day to the wife of Ricardo Bellozo (of AbreTango)
they are preparing to return
to BsAs instead of continuing to live and teach in Italy because stage tango has
usurped the interest in the social dance there.  We are witnessing the demise of
the social dance everywhere except in BsAs....so far.
sincerely  M..

www.youtube.com/user/nacotete
www.tangoandchaos.org
www.theopendoorway.org/audiovisual.html
"The music makes you dance. It is so simple when one gets it. Connect with my
partner and then connect with the music, let the music tell me how to move my
body rather than me tell my body how to move to the music. With the right music
and right partner, I am contented to have just one tanda a night" -Pedro Sanchez