[Tango-L] Gringos in BsAs milongas

Pat Petronio petronio at adam.com.au
Fri Dec 24 19:45:38 EST 2010

I for one hope that the culture of
> traditional milongas lingers and regains its strength. I sit on a plane
> for
> 16 hours and spend thousands of dollars every year to experience their way
> of doing things, not to change them. Why would we want to export our
> barren
> Western culture to anyone?
> However I do agree with Brick that there's no "one true way to do tango"
> but
> simply in my opinion, the Porteno way and the rest.

people who travel to experience and perhaps try to immerse themselves in
another culture.  Then there are others who travel and seem to find comfort
in the familiar.

Like Anton, I prefer to use my hard-earned travel time and dollars to
experience the rich culture of Buenos Aires milongas and the generous
portenos who truly welcome & respect the gringos who embrace the traditional
milonga etiquette.

Patricia Petronio
Tango Salón Adelaide
www.tangosalonadelaide.blogspot.com