[Tango-L] Type-A Tango

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 13:42:43 EST 2010

Jack
On day 20 this girl was dancing a  very proper salon tango not show tango
and she was doing it very well. It makes  me think that you may not know the
difference between close embrace and salon  tango and the fact that both
styles are appropriate in BsAs depending on which  milonga you choose to dance
at.
David

In a message dated 12/23/2010  11:06:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jackdylan007 at yahoo.com writes:
>  From: Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com>
>
> Here is an interesting  Tango blog written by a young woman doing a month
> in her Mecca of Tango,  BsAs!..She is passionate about the music and
dance:
>  http://borastangojourney.com/

On 'Day 20' she includes a video of one of  her lessons. If she travelled
all the way to BsAs to learn this kind of  show-tango, she probably wasted
her time. She could get the same thing from  any travelling
performer/teacher
or tango festival closer to home.

Is this how she expects to dance in a milonga?

Or maybe she'll  go home and become yet another tango teacher with
'Learned Tango in BsAs' on  her resume and then teach a tango that no
one in BsAs actually dances - at  least, in the milongas.

Jack

Tango-L mailing  list
Tango-L at mit.edu