[Tango-L] Tango-L Digest, Vol 57, Issue 5

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Thu Dec 23 20:01:55 EST 2010

> Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:08:30 -0800 (PST)
> From: Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Tango-L] Type-A  Tango
>
> Here is an interesting Tango blog written by a young woman doing a month
> in her Mecca of Tango, BsAs!..She is passionate about the music and dance:
> http://borastangojourney.com/

when read this in that blog:
===
 After Cachirulo, it felt nice to relax. So far I’ve been obsessing
with the codes and expecting them to be applied everywhere as a sign
of ‘proper tango breeding’. Now I realise that some places take it and
some others don’t and it doesn’t actually mean that just because it’s
not used, you won’t get good dances. If you’re waiting for the
cabeceo, you could not be dancing all night long.
===

The phrase  ‘proper tango breeding’ made me think of many on this list
who are obsessed with the codes of "the milongas in Buenos Aires" and
the attitudes I often find about the "one true way to do tango." It
was nice to see a little bit of reality.

A todos: Feliz Navidad