[Tango-L] Social-ethical behavior and protocol

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 10:36:27 EDT 2010

Sergio said,

>Milonga codes were developed over the years for a reason. Codes are not old
fashioned capricious inventions; they all exist for an important reason.

>When you ignore them you are losing 90% of what Argentine Tango is about.

I have it on good authority from someone who has returned and experienced
*many* milongas in BsAs that most portenoes do not use the codes.  In fact
they approach women as men do so in Australia.  And yes, there are sleazes
amongst them.

The notions of romantic codes have been lost I think upon the modern
generation.

BTW, it is Niki, not Nick

Vince
In Melbourne