[Tango-L] Social-ethical behaviors and protocols

Niki Papapetrou niki.papapetrou at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 08:20:26 EDT 2010

------
 If someone acts inappropriately on or off the dance-floor according to the
opinion of a dancer, she/he has reason to choose not to dance with the
person anymore. No-one claims everyone should have a "right" to get dances,
and people shall be free to decide with whom they want to dance with.
-----

this bit struck a chord. A female friend retold me a story recently: she was
talking to a man who was apparently showing a fair bit of arrogance about
his ability to get dances. her response to him was 'as a female, it's best
not to put a man offside'
which brings home the point of supply and demand, and the gender imbalance
in tango.  Women will put up with a fair bit in order to get a dance,
whether that be arrogance or mediocrity or sleaze...(and this is something
that I have witnessed both in Australia and in BsAs)

--
Yours in dance dementia,
Niki

( http://tangotrails.blogspot.com )