[Tango-L] Social-ethical behaviors and protocols

Ruben Malan rubenmalan at comcast.net
Wed Aug 18 22:02:02 EDT 2010

[Tango-L] Social-ethical behaviors and protocols

TANGO AND CONSCIOUS EVOLUTION

by Artem Maloratsky  - Copyright ©2007 (with special permission from the
author) http://www.tangoprinciples.org/

SUMMARY

The art of tango dancing at its best is a means for conscious evolution of
the practitioner. In this section I explain what I mean by conscious
evolution and how tango dancing can function as a means for it.

-         Consciousness can be seen as the patterning of matter and energy.

-         Evolution by natural selection no longer functions among humans.

-         There is evidence for the existence of other mechanisms of
evolution.

-         Conscious choice more than ever before determines the direction of
development of our species.

-         There is therefore a need to consciously chart our own development
as individuals and as a species.

-         Each human being is capable of knowing the direction of conscious
evolution in the given circumstances.

      The main "sensor" of the direction is one's "heart", one's experience
of bliss.

-         There is research showing the relation between happiness and the
so-called "flow" states.

-         In order to engage meaningfully and consistently in a "flow"
activity, it must be sensibly instrumental for one's conscious evolution.

-         An evolutionary activity or interaction is the one practiced
specifically for the purpose of blissful experiences and the evolution of
one's consciousness.

-         In order to be functional, an evolutionary activity must have
certain essential features.

-         Some cultures of the past intuitively recognized good evolutionary
activities and their cultural significance.

-         There are many aspects of tango dancing which make it a good
evolutionary activity.

-         Tango has been therapeutic and has helped the development of my
consciousness in a variety of ways.

-         In order for the evolutionary potential of tango to manifest, the
right approach is necessary.

"True happiness is the happiness of growth."

Pierre Teillard de Chardin