[Tango-L] Social-ethical behaviors and protocols

johnofbristol@tiscali.co.uk johnofbristol at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 07:31:09 EDT 2010

Ruben Malan disapproves of the pursuit of the opposite sex at milongas
because teenagers might be present. Why does he think these teenagers
go there at all? For exactly the same reason I went to the Southend
Kursaal every Saturday night 50 years ago when I was a teenager: to
meet members of the opposite sex. True, not everybody in a ballroom is
looking for love. Some have already found it. But all couple dancing is
a courtship ritual, whether you have been with your partner 30 seconds
or 30 years.

John Ward
Bristol, UK