[Tango-L] Social-ethical behaviours and protocols

Ruben Malan rubenmalan at comcast.net
Mon Aug 9 12:37:16 EDT 2010

I have been at El Arranque and many milongas in Montevideo, Uruguay.

I've heard directly from women over there that they try to avoid to dance with the same partner more than one tanda.
Why? because it will be easily assumed that she has a special relationship with him and the rest may abstain to dance dancing her again.

As far as I am concern, no matter if the lady is by herself, accompanied or in a relationship, but particularly  girlfriends or spouses of my friends,
I do not ask/expect for another consecutive tanda. If I really want to dance with her again, I probably wait for one hour or more. Just to be polite and tactful.

R.