[Tango-L] How do you create a connection?

romerob@telusplanet.net romerob at telusplanet.net
Thu Sep 10 11:17:56 EDT 2009

>Inhaling deeply to lead a side step would kinda send a mixed message? <

One application of the side step in tango:
A side step allows for a release of tension between couples, and being
more "grounded to the floor". When the couples are too straight with locked
knees tension builts up, and we loose our balance, then the tendency is to use
our arms to correct or support each other.

Being more grounded to the floor makes the tango dance look popular and less
stiff.