[Tango-L] Tango tradicional and.....

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:39:17 EDT 2009

 >I am not planning to get into any argument with you.

> Respectfully, Sergio

Thanks Sergio for the clarification in that and your off list email.  Seems
that we have been talking at cross purposes, in no small part because there
is no definitive work that I can find on the Web that explains what were the
actual traditional figures danced in tango in the Golden Age.  Also the
official rules from the World Tango Championships explain what is allowed in
salon, that differs alarmingly from your list of traditional tango figures.
No wonder I was confused!!

Your commentary and youtube clips and my observations tells me that there is
no  problem over here with regards to nuevo dancers.  It seems to be a
significant problem for you dancers in other countries.  If there are good
nuevo dancers in Australia, they must have left for greener pastures
overseas as I don't see any that fit your definition.

Thank you for the youtube clip of the famous nuevo dancer as listed on
Wikipedia under Argentine Tango, who I gather has a style that no-one wants
to see at a milonga not billed "alternative".  Maybe there is a market for
"No Nuevo" stickers?

Thanks again.

Well I am off reading this list for a time, as my partner and I are headed
to the Land of the Long White Cloud for a tango holiday, sampling several
milongas and practicas.

Vince