[Tango-L] Line of Dance

Amaury de Siqueira amaurycdsf at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 20:52:18 EDT 2009

We all know that obedience to the line of dance is simply a matter of training...period.
As I visit different communities and befriend hospitable instructors I have found an interesting correlation... communities where instructors for financial (or other valid reason) are pressured to focus on step-learning rather than fundamentals have a more difficult time to maintain a civil and hazard-free line of dance.  The opposite also seems to hold true....
A few months ago a very well known female instructor visited our community in one of her exercises she asked dancers to wonder aimlessly on the dance floor....
Her jaw drooped when she noticed that after a few bars the students naturally gravitated to the outside line of the dance floor maintaining a fairly even space distance among each other.  The event repeated every time she asked th dancers to break the 'code'.
Its simply a matter of training.. so if we are going to blame someone for a chaotic line of dance.. lets not blame the students but the so called 'instructors'.
Amaury