[Tango-L] "Truth" in tango advertising

RonTango rontango at rocketmail.com
Wed Oct 28 13:42:10 EDT 2009

----- Original Message ----
> From: Jack Dylan <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com>

> > From: Vince Bagusauskas
> >
> > What city do you dance in?  I would like to google/youtube it to see what
> > styles of tango are danced at the milongas you attend and then report back.
> >

> I live in an Asian city so I'm not far from you. Couldn't find an actual milonga
>
> on YouTube but this is a group of local teachers so it'll give you some idea.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D01fr8UN0NQ
>
> It's a demonstration so maybe a little more 'showy' than how regular people
> dance in the milongas. It's not milonguero but I'd still call it mostly
> 'traditional'.

Yes, it's a little bit showy (the boleos were a little too large), but it was a demo. If this was the extent of which we had to deal with in US milongas, I don't think we'd be fighting so much for our space and talking about milonga separation or milonga rules. Everyone in the video was respecting the line of dance.

Ron