[Tango-L] No place left to dance

RonTango rontango at rocketmail.com
Tue Oct 20 00:37:03 EDT 2009

----- Original Message ----

I've been to Denver twice, in 2004 and 2005, and to San Diego in 2007 (same festival concept). Navigation was pretty good in Denver the times I went, but some of the locals in San Diego didn't realize it was a festival for social dancing rather than showing how well you could weave quickly in and out of the line of dance. Now San Diego 2010 has 2 prominent nuevo instructors scheduled. One has to wonder if Denver will follow suit. It's beginning to look like there may no longer be any festivals in the US where a tango milonguero dancer can find solitude away from the nuevo invasion. It looks like we will have no other option than to go to Buenos Aires to find milongas with a supportive social dancing atmosphere. That wouldn't be bad if it weren't so far away.

Ron