[Tango-L] Tango 2000....for dummies

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 18:52:49 EDT 2009

Larry the same thing happened at the San Diego  Festival last year. A few
people showed up and not only disrespected the floor  but also had a shouting
match on the dance floor with one of the guest  instructors. Same close
embrace festival?

In a message dated 10/19/2009  3:08:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
larryrichy at yahoo.com writes:
>Many  Nuevo dancers have their own practicas and milongas in many places
and do not  disturb anyone either.

>Traditional
tango dancers do not mind to  have separated milongas, as most of them
consider that Nuevo dancers disrupt  their >dancing.

This is good. I just wish we could have separate  festivals. For instance,
Denver is advertised as a close embrace festival but  man, it is not longer
this way. You have two or three guys that can dance open  nuevo pretty good
and 20 other guy that want to be just like them that can't.  This has really
screwed up this festival and the line of dance, even though they  have an
alt milonga on one afternoon.

Tango-L mailing  list
Tango-L at mit.edu