[Tango-L] TANGO 2000 ............For DUMMIES

Sandhill Crane grus.canadensis at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 14:22:45 EDT 2009

--- On Mon, 10/19/09, ECSEDY Áron <aron at milonga.hu> wrote:

> But nuevo folks dance to traditional tango, in close embrace,
> even if sometimes (when they have the space and the chance)
> to fancy stuff as well.

Well, this is at the heart of the problem, isn't it?
The guys racing their speedboats figure they always
have plenty of room to do the fancy stuff.

> For us it is completely organic to show characteristics of
> nuevo, salón, even canyuengue within the same dance...
> purists may cry now.

I'm not a purist, I just get really annoyed at speedboats
and washing machines. It just so happens, in this place
and time, that these are largely tango nuevo dancers.
You can mix any styles you want. Can you also please stop
lunging at my partner and me? Thanks.