[Tango-L] Tango NAZI- STYLE POLICE

burak ozkosem buraktango at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 08:56:00 EDT 2009

This is a reply to Social Tango rules and Milonga regulations
..
if you follow these regulatory "Tango-Nazi"  suggestions

- Tango will STAY underground, no new people will come
- Tango will be danced by only the above age of 55 (especially in North America)
- No diversity will be exist. Universal DJing system would work, so no
djing skills required since if everyone plays the same tandas with
same order at same set up.

 Reality check: We are in the 21st century and the year is 2009, it's
not 1946 and we don't live in Buenos Aires.
I would suggest the ones who cry for authentic tango experience and
dream about TANGO TIME MACHINE, just move to BsAs.
If teachers are social dancers, and know not only how to teach but
also guide their students into the world social tango and how to
integrate what they learn into "pista"
then there shouldn't be any problem.

I know that almost every Tango teacher on the planet reads this
Tango-L, so if an instructor is willing to change and think about what
needs to be done, it's perfect otherwise, seeking a solution with
milonga organizers is not enough.

I would highly recommend all of you take a break from writing on Tango
THEORY, and just come out and dance whatever style you like to dance.
Burak
Chicago