[Tango-L] Can't we all get along /Was TANGO 2000 ...For DUMMIES

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Sun Oct 18 21:56:34 EDT 2009

I agree with Trini. A Washington organizer was hounded to play more
alternative music at milongas. But he's a traditionalist and resisted. It
got so bad he sent a message asking for responses on a separate alternative
milonga or just playing more alternative at the regularly scheduled milonga.
The result is a separate alternative milonga. This should make everybody
happy. The traditionalists (like myself) don't have to listen to foxtrot
(which I dance, but not at a milonga) and others don't have to listen to
traditional. The alternative isn't going to be 100% but more than my comfort
level.

Everybody wins. I don't see a problem.

Michael
Washington, DC
I danced Argentine Tango --with the Argentines